And So,

Wednesday was not a good day.  The weather was crappy, my kid has been going through a cranky phase, and I hadn't slept well for reasons apparent once I woke up and saw the news.

And so,

Wednesday is my workout day, and as much as I wanted and needed to go, I was looking for reasons not to.  I slowly got ready, almost reluctantly, but the only other person in the room didn't care if I went or not, just me.

And so,

We went to the park to do the workout and halfway through my kid lost his shyt for the first time since I started this exercise program.  As one does, you begin to cycle through whatever means you have to calm your child and nothing was working.  I was thinking that we'd have to leave because I felt completely out of control of the situation, and my kid had set the other child off.  But then the instructor said, "let's pause."

Yes.  Let's pause, not flee.  Adjust.  Find a solution through calm.

And so,

I ran a few laps around the park with the stroller and then the instructor pushed my kid around to help him fall asleep while I resumed my workout.  And when it was over I went on with my day.

And so,

In the days following I have limited my news intake and instead have chosen to embrace peace of mind.  The holidays are coming up and there are some crafty plans afoot that I am excited about: on the calendar there are two shows to look forward to- first, Cirque du Soleil and then seeing The Nutcracker with friends.  I picked up some mulled wine at a festival last month, and I have apple pie filling I cooked down in the slow cooker waiting in the freezer to become handpies to be shared with friends.  A friend and I are also going to collaborate on some homemade gifts, which I will share once all the deets are worked out.

And so,

Through the gloom we can still rise.  This does not mean burying our heads in the sand but it also doesn't mean we should be so afraid that we can't keep moving forward.

And so,

Friends, be well.








Comments

  1. I love the Maya Angelou - it was a hard decision for me a few posts ago between Just Do Right and the one you posted. I, too, am looking at backing away a bit from social media and news for a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts