Summerrrrr

We're in the last grasps of summer, and our first on the west coast.  What does fall even look like in SoCal??  I know it's possible for the weather to cool down, but I feel like I am in the throes of waiting. Always waiting...

So what have I been up to?  A lot on the kid front, but not so much on the me front.  I feel like I am constantly reading inspirational message and newsletters along the lines of "keep going, you've got this," "start the work even if it doesn't feel ready yet, " etc.  But it all gets to you because it feels like the people sharing the advice are in a better place, you know.  Like probably not, but from where I sit...

That said, I am working on starting a little Etsy shop so that I can be present at home because while my older little peep is heading to preschool, the little one will still be at home.  It's just not really financially possible to stick the youngest one anywhere unless I start pumping some money into the household, and man oh man is it a catch-22.  I could go out and get a RealJob as it were, but childcare would still fall on my shoulders because my husband is in the restaurant industry and there's not much flexibility there.  I don't begrudge him his job, but if I want my home life to look a certain way, aka not having my kids see ANY parent for 90 percent of their day, I gotta make it happen from home.    I do crave more, but I think once I'm actually DOING and using that part of my brain that is not home-life related, I'll be okkk.

On the workout front, I have been exercising my ass off.  AS in, I have committed to the various program calendars and stuck with it.  And, I've actually surprised myself cause I have actually transitioned to harder, but shorter, workouts cause I see the value in sweat.  The Piyo that I was doing back in May was fine and all, but not nearly enough to kick my body into gear.  I got through it, but I never felt much.  I'm calling it my postpartum warmup.  SO I went hunting on the beachbody website for something else...

Is it totally crazy to pick out a workout based on the time you have?  Yes?  Well, alrighty then...

First there was this for ten weeks:



And, now there is this:





I'm in Cali, yo =  No Doubt



Comments

  1. OMG those workouts look like torture!! I'm sure you, on the other hand, must be looking pretty fit if you're able to be doing these!! Yay You!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I'm getting there, though I am not looking for those EXACT results that are on screen- I like my occasional treats too much. But a fitter version of me may take me on a journey towards a body I've never seen...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts