Hi A, I've returned!!
By the way, "tadaima" is something you say when you return home in a Japanese household. The person who greets you says, "o-kaeri." I, for one, don't see the necessity of saying, repeating, and acknowledging the obvious, but it's a cultural thing- I live with a little bit of Japan.
So what's been going on aka a recap??
- Japan happened and it was awesome. It has also inspired me to switch career gears, but more on that...
- Now! I am studying to be a TESOL teacher (ESL teacher). Oh man is it a lot of work, and I am officially older than people. Like I knew that, but when age and experience separate you from your peers and it's OBVIOUS, you're *cough *cough... I work really hard on my assignments because I haven't been in a college classroom since the early 00's and I haven't studied grammar since in the 909's. Well, that and this costs money and why would I waste my time on something I don't take seriously...
- Oh, and yeah teaching your native language is harder than you think. Ever hear of count and non-count nouns?? No? Oh, the things you take for granted.
- The future career plan? To become a teacher in the city part-time, build up an online business, AND teach in Japan in the future. Hey, my kid needs to balance his American-ess with the Japanese side so summers with the grandparents are in his (our) future. I can live my dream of living abroad. Can't wait!! Must make time to work on my Japanese.
- My little guy turned one, and man I love this kid. And maybe a few others, but kids in general? Bleh. I live in fear that he'll be a punk that I won't like when he gets older. Please don't be that person lil' e!!
- Walking solo is on the cusp of happening!! Yeah and scarrrrrry.
- Crafting has sort of ground to a halt, but I have dreams of what I could be making. Good thing I have a small holiday craft list limited to girlfriends and a few family members. But yeah, peeps may be getting bourbon maple syrup if I can't get enough done in the next month. No need for unnecessary stress in my life.
- Still cooking!! I busted out a yummy lasagna last night. Scoping out the meat sales section at my local Whole Foods is the way to go, otherwise it's totally unaffordable to get meat there.
- I've been exercising! I needed a full body routine so I tried pilates, but to reshape my body and lose weight is not something pilates can do. However, I gave an online pilates program a go because I can work out from home, but at the end of the day I need to sweat through cardio to see and feel results. So I'm doing a bootcamp, while my little guy chills out in the stroller. I'm not bored in the gym, I'm with other mammas, and I get to be outside and not care who's watching.
- A lot of things have fallen to the side while I've been busy with school, but you know that's okay. I don't have any more hours in the day than the next person, but I use every minute in the best way. My downtime has become even more valuable now that I've added another big thing to my life, but I have no regrets. I'm ready to move on, and this next chapter is looking good.
Ok, I have to jet but of course I'm leaving you with a snappy Saturday tune!! Happy Fall, friends!!