1470

One thousand seven hundred and forty dollars.

I have invested in myself for the next year to the tune of this number.  

I'll be working with the coach/teacher, Tiffany Han, and about 149 other women to shift the focus of my life back to me.  But why do you need to pay someone to help you get your life into order, E?  Well, in my twenties and early thirties, and pre- everything I've got currently going on, I would have scoffed at the prospect of working with anyone for this simple (yet not) reason.  However, anyone with a bunch of crap on their numerous plates knows how difficult it can be to get back to center again.  The narrative isn't the same, and acknowledging and embracing that shift can sometimes require a little help.  From an outside voice.

In Tiffany's words, here's what resonates with me about the program that I have joined:

diving into a new way of saying yes, one that starts with saying yes to yourself and the things you’re ready to do, be, and say 

~ finding more peace in your hectic day to day lives so that one feels less anxious and frantic…and still follow through on the things that are most important to you

you just want to be the person who stands up for herself, who doesn’t bear the weight of the world, and who still finds time to follow through on what’s most important to her - despite all of the daily demands of life

If I could promise you 30 fewer pounds, a richer bank account, or the love that you’re craving, I would. But here’s what I know about truly finding all of those things in a way that is lasting, authentic, and real: they start with getting quiet. They start with spirit. They start by saying yes to yourself. 

I have been a podcast listener for years and a newsletter reader.  In the past, there just hasn't been the chance to sign up to work with her, and while I can come up with valid reasons how now is not the right time either, I have decided that THIS IS MY YEAR.  

Quick story:  we had just done some grocery shopping, and my husband and I had each taken a stroller.  As we were loading the car with the groceries, I noticed that he had a coffee cup.  So basically while I was tearing through the store because I wanted to get done and home before the baby needed a nap, husband was grabbing himself a coffee and then starting to shop.  What's my point here?  He took care of himself first.  Without a second thought.  Meanwhile, my default is to go last.  But why?  There's no one telling me to do that, yet I continue to put myself in this position.  


So yep.  I need a reset... JT can usually help with that.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts