Check!

As I mentioned in my last post, I have been putting little checkmarks in my planner when I work out but really it's for the running.  Today I ran six times around the school next door and I am so proud of myself.  I didn't take any walk breaks, and even though my legs felt like lead I just kept going.  Albeit slowly.  When I was younger I would have definitely felt self conscious about exercising in public, but now what other's might be thinking doesn't even phase me- we all need to lead and live our best lives.

Another item to add to my care list is THE TREAT.  Not of the cupcake variety, though those are nice on occasion, but the meaningful little something it takes some effort to get for yourself.  A handful of birthdays ago I visited my best friend in Denver and we road tripped to Santa Fe.  Every weekend there's this large open market where one can find some amazing things, and for me it was tea.  I am a major tea drinker.  Anyway, the Masala Chai from this shop was the best of the three teas I purchased that weekend and I have been ordering it ever since.  Now life has been what it's been, and I have been saving the last tea bag amount of this tea for a looooong time, waiting for just the right moment.  Well there is never a "right" moment so I drank that last amount on a random chilly day recently, and pulled the trigger and ordered a custom pound bag for myself.  Bam! Because I'm worth it.




I am feeling super thoughtful because my inbox has been hella flooded recently with Mother's Day this and that.  I didn't even know it was coming up until the flood began.  A picture of my mom sits on my desk, and it is a favorite.  It was a sunny day in Boston, and we were taking a walk.  I was visiting from New York and we were having a good time.  

This is a song that brings me back to my early youth and the records my mom used to play...



Comments

  1. Patti LaBelle/Michael McDonald - what's not to like? :-)

    Congrats on your running, and way to take care of yourself by enjoying that tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks A! We have a record player and I should definitely hunt down some of the old favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts