Beating the Blues

It's been a blue last few weeks and I can't even blame the weather. I think once the adrenaline rush of new motherhood evens out I imagine for some, they look around and wonder, "now what?"  Actually I am pretty certain this is not only a mom thing, but as someone who is always in her head, this is not a good thing. It's a season of change and I have been anticipating my next moves with excitement but uncertainty, and it's the uncertainty that's stressing me out when I should be embracing what amazingness could be coming if I would just release anxiety and let peace in.

My action steps for letting go of the blues:



1. Do something for me. Every Friday I go to Japanese class and that's my thing.  Baby comes too, and unfortunately shifts my focus when his needs need to be met, but I rally on.

2. Consider a part time job outside. I like being a SAHM in theory but I also want to contribute to our household, I miss the freedom to just splurge, and ultimately I am eager to start on a new career path even in a small way.

3. Get outside more. I try to make it out at least three times a week to various places, but maybe I definitely need to be outside more.

4. Get creative. I love to crochet and have started knitting, but I still feel stuck. Maybe exploring other creative outlets that I have dabbled in, and then producing a FINISHED thing, will do wonders for my pysche.

5. Seek out adventures. Choose to do/read/watch/try something new, challenging, interesting.

6. Don't forget to do the small things that make me happy!

This upcoming week I plan to cut and sew a simple pair of pants for myself. The pattern comes from a Japanese pattern book and I observed my neighbor sporting this style last summer. I hope to travel to Japan in the early summer with some handmade pieces and I feel like these pants will be perfect for the airport/plane. I hope to show them completed later this week along with my kid's blanket. 

Someone who makes me happy? Anne Miller. 


Comments

Popular Posts