What's up January!

I have started the year by continuing what I started in 2018 and this has felt awesome!  No more "New Year, New You" pressure...

What's been going on?

1. There was a teacher strike here is LA.  When you're thinking about the life of a parent, no one prepares you for this sort of upheaval.  The well being of your child, and how to shape their future, takes on a different meaning when situations like this occur.

2. I launched a business-in- progress.  A soft launch if you will.  It's pretty scrappy, but I am calling my business venture an online boutique because it will have a few different handmade products that fall under the umbrella of a creative business.  Though I am into the fiber arts, I have no plans to actually make knitted or crocheted things, or products directly related to these pursuits.  Monetizing one's hobby can backfire and stunt the love.  The first product I launched via IG, was body butter aka lotion bars.  I happen to think the term "body butter" sounds more sensual, or sensory appealing, and quite frankly lotions in general don't really do much for my skin type.  Feeling so proud of this step, but it's a definite learn as I go situation in terms of the unsexy, business side of a small business.  Like navigating shipping.  

3.

And this is where my blog past from earlier this year ended...

2019 has been super busy and a lot of time has been spent navigating around my kid's and husband's needs.  Doesn't leave a lot of energy or bandwidth for much else but I keep plugging away at finding what little bits of time I can make for myself in the day.

Oh, and  I am trying a new letter format here: https://tinyletter.com/ememarie.
I do enjoy writing and I am testing out this easier, more casual format.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts