Crazy Pants Completion


I was able to take advantage of the lovely weather this afternoon. There's nothing like trying to complete one's Japanese homework, having a baby who has suddenly decided naps should only last a few minutes, and mounting frustration to drive one out into the great outdoors. Living in the Lower East Side has its advantages, namely that you are close to great little streets for walking and window shopping. Baby seemed content as well, looking around with interest and making his noises with abandon. 

While walking and thinking, I happened into Purl Soho, a slightly local yarn shop, for a quick peek. One never stays long there because they have an awful layout and having a narrow rectangular shop is just no excuse for a cramped store. I saw a small Brooklyn Tweed trunk show, admired a sweater dress/tunic that bears looking into, and then walked home thinking about my recently completed Crazy Pants. 



found the Crazy Pants ( or Sourrell Pants as they are described) in a Japanese sewing pattern book I purchased from Kinokuniya a few months ago. The Japanese are very efficient in their pattern writing- if you're lucky there might be a pattern to trace but generally it's more of an outline or schematic with NO seam allowance. I forgot the seam and had to draft my pattern twice. Anyway, the actual sewing was easy and I think I look awful silly in these diaper-like, drop crotch pants, but they're fun and should look cute with my high tops or sandles, and a flowy tank with crocheted straps that I will be creating from another pattern book.


Meanwhile I have ripped out three panels from the blanket I posted about before, and remaking them because they were stretching oddly. Hopefully this will be done sooner than later. 

There's nothing like Kpop to make me feel okay about my pants!




Comments

  1. You've got Hammer Pants!!! Love 'em! :-D

    So I'm listening to the music and trying to figure out why I only understand words sporadically . . . I am SO slow on the uptake some days :-D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts